Thank you so much for visiting Mother Eagle. I have written this page to answer some common questions and offer advice and information on looking after your embroidered pieces ~ Katie
Caring For Your Embroidered Jewellery
To keep enjoying your Mother Eagle jewellery for years to come I offer this advice:
- I highly recommend you do not get your pieces wet - do not wear them in the bath, shower or swimming pool.
- When you are not wearing your jewellery, please keep in a jewellery box, or in the gift box it comes in, to protect from dust.
- Keep them out of direct sunlight so that the colours stay vibrant.
- Each individual embroidery is full of beautiful detail and rich texture - enjoy touching them! However, your hands do contain oils and acids that may discolour textiles over time, so please bear this in mind.
The wooden mounts are custom made to my specifications and are laser cut from sustainable birch wood.
Mother Eagle art and jewellery is not intended for children - please take care.
Caring For Your Art
- The same applies as above where relevant but I emphasise that you hang your art in a spot out of very direct sunlight, to keep the natural colours from fading and bleaching.
- It is possible to remove your lace doily from the frame, as it is simply held in place with double sided fabric tape or a light tacking stitch, but again, minimal handling will ensure you enjoy this piece for decades to come.
Mother Eagle products are happily handmade in a pet-friendly, but smoke free household.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I place my order?
When you place your order first and foremost you will get an automatic confirmation of your payment from PayPal, and I will also send you a personal confirmation advising you of expected shipping date. I will also contact you again when your item has been sent with expected delivery times.
What happens if my order doesn't arrive?
All methods of shipping are tracked, and domestic orders are sent with a next-day service requiring a signature on delivery. If you are concerned however, please drop me an email and I will personally track your item for you.
I want to make sure I am in to sign for my item when it arrives - can I specify a delivery date?
I will do my best! Please make sure you let me know what would be your preferred delivery date in the Note to Mother Eagle at check out. Please bear in mind however that if it is a made-to-order piece, you must allow one week from date of order to date of shipping.
What if I change my mind after I receive my item?
Read the refund policy here.
I'd like a different length chain to the one offered - is that ok?
I am happy to provide a chain cut to your preferences, just leave me a note when you check out.
I can't find what I'm looking for - can you help?
Maybe you have seen an old design on my blog or in my archive that isn't available in the current collections? Just drop me an email and we can discuss a bespoke order, or have a look at my Private Commissions page.
Read more terms and conditions here.